Many businesses have loyal customers they like to reward with perks like exclusive or early access. Queue-it now offers an invite-only waiting room that lets you strictly manage access to your sales to engage and grow your loyal customer base.
Many of the businesses we work with strive to deliver flawless exclusivity to their high-value, member, or tiered customer levels. For example, a museum may have members who get early access to tickets. Bands may reward their most loyal fans with presales. Online retailers may have shoppers who pay annual subscriptions for perks like exclusive product releases.
At the same time, some companies, especially small retailers, want to be more effective in growing their loyal customer base. And exclusive or early access sales is an efficient way to motivate customers to share their emails.
Behind these examples is a need to restrict access to a specific subset of the customers, based on their loyalty status, purchase patterns, and history. It’s important that entry is limited to desired visitors and that bots, non-members, and resellers can’t force their way through.
Organizations could engage their loyal customers, block bots & resellers, and incentivize loyalty program signups by controlling access to exclusive sales.
To help you control sales access to engage and grow your customer base, Queue-it has introduced the invite-only waiting room. The invite-only waiting room is a third, new type of waiting room offered alongside the “Scheduled” and “24/7 Visitor Peak Protected” waiting rooms.
You use a list of unique visitor identifiers – either email addresses or auto-generated random identifiers – to create links and specify who can access your invite-only waiting room.
You can distribute these links via email or make the links available only you’re your customers have logged into their profiles. When you open access to your sale, customers enter the waiting room with a secure access link that contains the encrypted and signed unique identifier included in the queue token.
The invite-only waiting room offers several appealing benefits, letting you:
1. Control sales access for true exclusivity
- You can choose which customers to reward based on their loyalty status, purchase patterns, and history.
- You can block bots, malicious users, and non-members to add extra protection to your loyalty program and reduce bot mitigation costs.
2. Engage & grow your customer base
- You can strengthen customer relationships by granting exclusive or early access to your sales.
- You can incentivize email signups in return for exclusive or early access to your sale.
3. Analyze sale success & customer behavior
- You can evaluate your sale’s success without the noise of bot data and use what you learn to improve your future promotions.
- You can enhance your shopper behavior data with information on who joined and who didn’t join your invite-only sale.
You can learn more about the benefits of the invite-only waiting room in the webinar recording below.
You can set up the invite-only waiting room in minutes in the GO Queue-it Platform—no development resources are needed.
When you create a new waiting room in the GO Queue-it Platform, you’ll be prompted to choose the waiting room type. If you have the “Invite-only waiting room” and “Server-side / CDN Workers Connectors” features as part of your subscription, you can create an invite-only waiting room by selecting “Invite-only waiting room”.
You’ll then configure the start date and time and choose one of the two options to create access to your invite-only waiting room.
Option 1: Upload customer list
You can upload a list of visitors’ emails, which we verify upon visitor entry to a waiting room. That way you have only one link for all visitors, making it easier to distribute your invitations.
On the “Visitor Access” tab, you can see your uploaded list, download it, and add more visitors.
The uploaded emails are used for this one event only and are deleted from the GO Queue-it Platform 90 days after the event started.
Customer experience – visitor verification
When customers click on the invitation link, they’re asked to submit their email. Customers receive a unique verification code which they use to gain access to the invite-only waiting room.
1) Customers are asked to submit an email to enter the waiting room
2) The verification code is sent to the customer via email
3) Customers are asked to enter the verification code
4) Customers enter the invite-only queue
Watch a walk-through of the user experience in the video below.
Option 2: Generate visitor identifiers
With this option, you enter how many identifiers you’d like to generate for the waiting room.
On the “Visitor Access” tab, you can get a list of access links by clicking on the “Generate links” button.
Select the domain name you want customers to use when accessing the waiting room to generate the links for.
After a few seconds the links are generated and ready to be downloaded and distributed to the visitors.
Analyze your shopper behavior
You can easily download data on individual requests from the GO Queue-it Platform under Statistics | Export waiting room data | Download CSV, which shows:
- Queue number
- Time when visitors entered the waiting room
- Time when visitors left the waiting room
- Email used to enter the waiting room
- Number of redirects
- Enqueue token ID
Upon special request from the Queue-it support team, you can also receive insights such as:
- Data on individual requests: access time, email address, customer ID, which waiting room a visitor tried to enter, which email list visitor is on, how often an email was used.
- Total numbers of all requests: successful email verifications, visitors who tired entering with invalid code, too many code verification attempts, attempts to enter a sale with an email that’s not on the invite list, visitors who tried entering with a missing or expired code, etc.
The invite-only waiting room gives you the control you need to deliver the exclusivity customers want. Generate unique links or upload your customer email list, allowing verified customers to enter the sale while controlling traffic flow and tracking their purchasing behavior. That way you can stop bots, resellers, and non-members from getting products that belong to your loyal customers. You can also incentivize email signups in return for exclusive or early sale access, helping you grow your customer base. When the sale is over, you can analyze sales success without the noise of bot data to improve your future promotions.
For more information on how you can start rewarding your VIP customers using an invite-only waiting room, contact your Queue-it support representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.